Open Positions For Grad Students:
Open research positions may be available from time to time at SSDL for Master’s and PhD students. Applications are invited from students with a background and interest in the solid mechanics area.
- A bachelor’s or master’s degree in mechanical, aerospace, civil or a closely related engineering discipline
- Consistently good academic performance: GPA of 3.0/ first class or better with excellent grades in solid mechanics related coursework
- Motivated self-learner with an inclination to acquire new knowledge and skills
- An aptitude for hands-on work with mechanical equipment and components
- Good written and oral communication skills with an emphasis on ability to convey original ideas with clarity
- Degree in engineering from accredited college or university (MS applicants must have BS and PhD applicants must have MS)
- TOEFL and GRE scores for all international applicants
- Statement of purpose, resume and three letters of recommendation
More information about OSU, School of MAE, admission requirements & application process can be found at the following links:
Interested candidates may send a single-page statement describing their academic background and motivation for graduate studies along with their CV and summary of transcripts to http://email@example.com
A downloadable flyer is available at the link below:
Open Position For Undergraduate Students:
Current undergraduate students at OSU interested in gaining research experience working on structural dynamics and acoustics projects are encouraged to contact Dr. Manimala with their CVs. The ideal candidate would have a strong background in dynamics, strength of materials and mechanical design with an aptitude for hands-on laboratory work. Consistently good academic performance is expected. RA positions may also be available during the summer. Contact early.
James M. Manimala, Ph.D.
School of Mechanical & Aerospace Engineering,
Oklahoma State University,
218 Engineering North, Stillwater, OK 74078
Phone: +1 (405) 744 5900